Thursday 24 March 2011

Wishing on a star....

One of the main things that I miss from home – aside from the obvious family and besties, is the sight of the moon and stars.  Not only are the bright lights to much for the stars to show, but often it is cloudy in London.  It might not rain constantly here, but it is grey for a lot of the time.  All of this makes it hard to wish on moon and stars….

And what is a single girl’s biggest wish?  Health, Wealth and Happiness?  A family of their own?  A big bank balance?  Fabulous hair?  Gorgeous figure?  A great job? A lovely man? A wonderful social life? All of the above??? You betcha.

One of the biggest things that girls love to do is make a list so here is my wish list –

  • Hair that is one thing or the other – what is with this waviness?
  • A fab boyfriend
  • A banging figure
  • A job that makes me feel fulfilled and pays shedloads
  • For all of my friends and family to live in one country – with me in it!  Or for them all to be in one place at one time for one massive party
  • To be able to walk the streets without fear at anytime of the day or night
  • For chocolate to be calorie free
  • For happiness to be the main item on the news – and for it to be true, that people the world over were happy
  • For a child
  • For the world’s children to have wonderful childhoods full of love
  •  Noel Fielding
  • A voice that I would not be embarrassed to sing with – cause god knows that I know the words, if only I could sing them
  • To feel more like a confident single woman and less like Bridget Jones in most situations
  • The third series of Go Girls on DVD
  • Some of Cody’s clothes off Go Girls
As you can see I want the world, I want it all and I want it yesterday.  And I would put good money on it that my list is not hugely different to those of woman, single or otherwise the world over.  However, this list for me is balanced out by the things that I am thankful for…

  • A wonderful family who love me despite the fact that I am 12,000 miles away
  • The best friends that the world has to offer, the world over
  • My health, which has been hard fought and won over the last few years
  • A house to live in with good people
  • A job that just about covers my lifestyle
  • The worlds cutest nephew and yes I am biased but I don’t care
  • That I am happy – most days despite the fact that I don’t like the mornings I wake up smiling
  • That summer is nearly here in the UK, the sun makes people so happy in London, seriously it’s a different city
  • That I can indulge my concert fetish pretty much weekly at the moment
  • Home and Away and all the other mindless tele that helps me de-stress
  • Care packages
  • Go Girls
  • Noel Fielding
  • Good wine
  • Laughter and its pretty much constant presence in my life
I guess that the points I am trying to make are these…

  • Woman are crazy
  • Home and Away deserves an award of some kind.  Possibly the Stone the Flaming Crows Award
  • I have a pretty cool life despite all the things on my wish list
  • That if you find yourself wishing for things that you should make sure that the list of what you are thankful for is just as long if not longer. 
It’s funny how life changes when you change the way that you look at it.  So to quote one of my fav ads at the moment (sorry it’s not Compare the Meerkat - we shaved Peter), Match.com – I’m somewhat impulsive, I laugh in my sleep, but that’s just me

1 comment:

Stace said...

Yes one of the tough things about being a travelling type is having friends and family in other countries - wherever you live you are missing someone! I often fantasize about starting my own country and inviting only the bestest people I know to live in it.