Sunday 7 August 2011

You caught me on my lazy day

Everyone has lazy days.  Mine are a bit few and far between.  I tend to work until I hit the floor and even then I am sure that I have a few more hours working left in me.  I work hard and I play hard so I guess that my time is taken up.

But today I was very tired and more than a little bit ill.  There are loads of things that I would rather be doing right now then staying in bed.  I would have loved to have gone to work.  I would have loved to be having dinner with my friend and I would have loved to be well out of bed. 

Instead this morning, I finished reading our bookclub book and then slept for close to three hours.  I woke up feeling miserable and decided that it was time to drag myself up to Marks and get some orange juice (see Mum, I do listen to you).  So I got changed and headed up there. 
 
And that is probably the most exciting thing that has happened to me today.  I guess that we all have lazy days, where we just don’t do anything.  Bruno Mars sings about them.  I loving singing along to him about them, and if tomorrow I get to have great sex like he does then I will be happy woman.  *winks*.  My lazy day today has consisted of a lot of tele watching, and blowing of my nose.  Everyone needs a lazy day, a day to recharge their batteries, to get rid of their illness, to reassess, take stock and be ready to face the world the next day.

I have pondered a few things today, like, I should be baking.  But then who wants to buy infected cookies?  Then I started watching tele and began pondering why is that apparently straight women are the ones to find Shane McCutcheon on The L Word attractive?  Is it because we want to imagine that lesbians are getting it more than we are?  Is it because we are envious of her amazing hair?  Or the fact that she can pull anyone she wants?  Do we wish that we could do that?

Then I pondered where are all my flatmates?  The boy one has apparently been home over night but is not here now.

Then I pondered a bit about why I am still single.
 
Then I pondered what my Mum got for her birthday, as I forgot to ask her when I spoke to her.

I pondered why there is no decent summer this year and how much I can’t wait to be in NZ for summer.
I wondered why life seems to require a villain?  Why do I let mine annoy me so much?  When will I learn to avoid the drama that they seem to bring?

Will I have the energy to walk to work tomorrow?

Then I pondered why my friends at home are not fab at emailing me or keeping in touch?  I am feeling kinda left out of their world. 
 
Then I pondered if my health would hold this year.

That was a fair amount of pondering.  And I was quite tired after that.  I guess that is what lazy days are for.  Having a sleep, a think and healing.  So what do you do on your lazy days?  Do you take lazy days or do you not need them cause you don’t work like a maniac?  Has the summer flu hit you?  Do you have a remedy?  Are there a few villains in our life right now?  How do you deal with them?   What do you like to ponder?

No comments: