Monday 15 August 2011

Jani Lane RIP


After a week of rioting, I awoke to the sad news on Friday morning that Jani Lane had died.  The news was broken to me by Facebook, Alice Cooper broke it to me on the news feed.  The thing was that when I mentioned this to anyone and about how sad it was that he was on in his 40’s, no one had any idea who I was talking about.

Jani Lane RIP
I have always loved music.  Even when I was teeny tiny.  Warrant were a glam rock band in the 80’s – Poison and Motley Crue being their peers.  Jani Lane as pictured here, was blond and gorgeous and my five to ten year old self thought he was cool.

Like the most of the bands of the 80’s he is had severe addiction problems but was thought to have gotten clean.  He was found dead in a hotel not far from his home in a room with alcohol and prescription meds. 
Anyway it put a dampner on my day – here are a few of his songs to remember him by.  Starting with my favourites…





No comments: