Saturday 7 May 2011

Au Revior April....


Wow is anybody else concerned about the rate at which the year is passing?  Is it something that happens when you get older or is life really just going too fast right now?  I feel like I blinked and missed April and now May is upon me, and in 10 weeks my parents descend and I have no money saved!!!!!!!

April started with a bang – my fav Brit expat celebrated a birthday like the fool that he is, and I celebrated with a quiz at work.  Our team came very close to winning with our brilliant knowledge of television.  And on the first weekend we had a famous family dinner at The Castle and a fabulous jam session afterwards.  It goes without saying that it is one of my favorite ways to spend the night.  Then there is the wonderful bookclub!  We had read Janet Frame this month.  I was very excited as I loved Frame at high school but her biography was a bit strange.

As always there was a host of movies – Tomorrow when the war began was fabulous!  I loved every minute of it and any movie that starts with a Missy Higgins song has me at hello.  There was also Arthur, which as much as the critics hated it, I kinda liked it.  It was a very sweet tale and my long standing crush on Russell Brand was satisfied by this movie, I had just finished his second book and well, I still love him!  Source Code fueled my adoration for Jake Gyllenhall  and my thoughts as to why all of a sudden are there a spate of movies dealing with our perception of reality???  Is it just me that thinks that this is strange?  Red Riding Hood – I loved it, the cinematography was stunning and the story kept me guessing to the end.  The boys not so much.  But then they were never going to be huge fans.

To counteract all the mindless trash, there was an exhibition at the Tate with my fab boss Savas.  We had a wonderful time at Miro – I love art and this was so brilliant.  We went to the opening night.

And to compliment all the mind bits and pieces – there was the beginning of the running training!  What I hear you gasp?  You running?  Yep you betcha!  It’s been about three years and now I feel brave enough to try running on the crazy pavements in London.  So far, no falls….  Oh and my good friend ran the marathon.  It was so exciting.  I always feel very emotional at the marathon, seeing people achieve their dreams.  I was so very proud of L and I baked her a batch of cookies to get her strength back afterwards.

And my first game of Touch in a loooong time.  It was brilliant, I ran loads, barely touched the ball but touched three people.  What a laugh.

Throw in a couple of girls nights with my besties, picnic in the park was beautiful and lovely, then topped off with some tele watching – anyone else loving Steven Tyler on American Idol?  I just love the way he is so crazy and flamboyant.

Easter kicked off with a bang.  Baking Baking Baking and I managed to make something gluten free and yummy.  We had a fabulous night with a bit of dancing in bunny ears….  I spoke to most of my family on Easter morning and they were all so pleased to hear that I would be home for Christmas.  It was great to hear their voices and I missed them terribly.

And then there was the wedding.  I could barely sleep the night before from excitement, and I was not disappointed.  She looked amazing, I loved the way that he looked at her and wow that kiss was just soooooo sweet, I almost needed a filling.  You know how I feel about the wedding from my last post.

So now we are in month 5.  And it’s time for the real saving and weight loss to begin – some ridiculous number of days till the other wedding of the year (229 at last count eeeekkkk), and till I get to go home.  I will be landing at 5am and then sleeping the day away before I go mental with my sis for her hens night.  I am beyond excited about going home and seeing my family.  Still many more adventures to be had between now and then. 
So are you concerned about how fiendishly quickly life is passing right now?  Are you achieving what you want to achieve?  Any goals between now and the end of the year?

No comments: