Saturday 9 July 2011

June Roundup

It’s Saturday morning and I should be fast asleep as it’s my only chance for a sleep in for quite a while and I can’t really see one on the horizon.  Maybe my body is getting used to getting up early.  That would not be good.  Sitting in bed with Spotify  (currently on Jesus and Mary Chain) on a Saturday morning after a great night of laughter and sing-a-longs at the Castle is not such a bad thing.  So I thought that I would do the June Roundup.

Like every other month this year June began with a hiss and a roar and then flew by before I knew it.
I caught up with an old friend and ended up in a dodgy gay bar on Clapham Common, we had a great laugh and a good catch up and far too many cocktails.  Finished the night with a Subway.  And now he has gone awol and I can’t get hold of him.  I am sure that he will be found soon.

Then like the old lady I am, I put my back out.  By rolling out of bed.  This sparked a great debate on Facebook as to whether or not I had shaggers back and what I should be doing to get shaggers back, which my Mum has confirmed that she has not read.  Thanks team.

The day after I headed to Whitstable with some mates.  I sat very straight in the car.  It was pouring with rain so we did not really get to explore.  We had a delicious lunch and then a quick look round the shops before heading back to London.  Was well pleasant.

My bad back put paid to my running training, but I am pleased to say that I completed my 5k run was completed in 38 minutes which is less than the 40 that I wanted to do it in.  I was well proud and felt good to have a workout. 

My friend L and I went to Zoo Lates in the pissing rain – it was my first trip to London Zoo.  The Gorilla’s and the Giraffe’s were the highlight.  I look forward to going back there again soon.

I went to Ascott for some amazing Englishness.  Despite the rain, I managed to get sunburnt and came up £20, which is a great result.

My fav barman left us for a pub closer to his home, which is fine, but I miss him nonetheless.  I am sure that he misses the cookies as well.  His girlfriend suggested that he come live with me since I was so nice to him.  She told me he was good at reaching high shelves – I could certainly use that help.

There were movies – Last Night – see here for rant about that, The Hangover 2 – great, Bridesmaids – even better – seriously go see it, one of the funniest things I have seen in ages.

There were games of Touch, I am getting better so that is all for the good.  We playing the rain for one and that was fun.

There were concerts – Kings of Leon, where my wellies attacked me and some strange man was very rude to me.  Despite this they were great, played a good set and were worth a watch.  Bon Jovi rocked Hard Rock Calling in brilliant sunshine that London managed to pull from somewhere.  My friends came down from Wales and we had a blast.  Despite the knee brace he played for over three hours and played pretty much every song he ever released.  I fell in love with him all over again and thought that he looked amazing for a 49 year old man.  (that’s right I checked.) I would have given him a good time.  BareNakedLadies at Koko was fantastic – they were funny and chatty with the crowd and not afraid of taking the piss out of themselves.  They played a great set.  I loved them all over again and walked out of that iconic venue with a smile on my face.  I loved their Canadianess, I guess I am still a sucker for an accent.  And now that I can hear the Kiwi one I am a sucker for that too, strange.  Maybe my standards are dropping again.

I gave blood – do it, your halo will be shining.

A group of us saw 8/10 Cats being filmed.  Was funny and a bit different but the seats were hard.  Finished very late so we had a roll at the train station before heading home.

Had a haircut for the first time in about 4 months – and corrected the fringe that I attempted to cut myself – I had to wait that long for it to grow out.

So that was my hectic month.  Somewhere along the way I worked and laughed and slept.

July brings more fun times – my parents arrive tomorrow at the ungodly hour of 6.35am – I guess its paying it forward for when I arrive at 5am on the 17th of December.  Not like I am counting down or anything…

No comments: