Monday 9 April 2012

Loving Easter Weekend

Last week at work was hard.  I woke up most mornings feeling panicky, heart racing and thinking about the crazy day ahead.  But on Friday, for the first time in a week, I woke up calm and happy.  It was such a nice feeling and a welcome change.   The night before I had been to the pub where Billy Mac and the Five Faith had performed a Save the Castle gig, and I had helped raise money so that they could get paid. A pretty much perfect weekend had begun.

Friday, I got up late and headed into Covent Garden when I met up my good friend Caz and her flatmates.  They had spent the day shopping and taking photos in central London.  We headed to Neals Yard, which is a super cute square in London.  We had a delicious Moroccan meal, the food was amazing.  Now that Lent was apparently over, I was able to eat carbs and eat carbs I did.  I was so full.  The company was great and the cold mint tea was divine.

Caz with the Sheep Egg
After our massive meal we wandered around a bit and then headed into the Piazza at Covent Garden where all of the eggs from the London-wide Egg Hunt had congregated.  They are really fun, they will be auctioned off for charity shortly so it was great to see them before they are scattered again.  After that, Nicky and I headed to the pub to see our friend Brooke preform, in what ended up being a pretty much private concert.  She has an amazing voice and it was great to be able to chill out with good friends and good music.  We stayed after closing for a few drinks and then headed home for a much needed chat to my parents.

Saturday dawned a bit rainy, again I got up late and headed out to get the shopping and do some baking.  I made a delicious cake for Easter Sunday and a batch of biscuits as well.  I then devoured nearly the whole first season of Sons of Anarchy that I had rented from the library.  I love it.  Jax is one hot man, and apparently he divides his time between London and LA….  It was nice to have a day to myself, to chill and spend time doing the things that I love without having to rush.

Easter Sunday was great.  I headed out to Hammersmith with my baking to see my friends H and P.  I love spending time with them.  They are great hosts and have really nice friends.  H’s parents were down for the weekend and I suspect for wedding preparations.  We had a lovely afternoon eating and drinking way too much.  They have two wee cats as well, and despite having to take my inhaler and antihistimines, I survived!  It was a perfect day.

And today – again I am up way to late and am about to get my bake on for the now traditional Castle family Easter celebrations.  Sadly this will be the last one at the Castle, so it’s a bit mixed for me.  I am chilling wine and really looking forward to seeing friends who I only saw on Friday, but it seems like forever ago.  I love this hotchpotch family where pretty much anyone is accepted. 

The other exciting news is that I have pretty much beaten my Diet Coke addiction.  I have been craving the stuff all lent.  But when I had some yesterday, it tasted awful and it made me feel worse.  I will not be doing that again in a hurry.  Lemonade I can stand, although I do choke a little on it at first, but I need it for the delivery of vodka.  On Good Friday looking at that first Vodka and Lemonade I was so excited – it looked so sparkly and pretty and my god it tasted like heaven.  I guess I can’t conquer everything at once.

So that was my chilled out Easter weekend.  How did you spend yours?  Do you ever get the panicky feeling that I had last week?  What do you do to get rid of it?  Or does it just go like mine did and you feel better?  Oh and so glad that NZ managed to have a road toll of 0 this weekend!  Good work guys xxxxx

No comments: